AHIP and NABIP Certification Testing
AEP is right around the corner and you can complete your 2024 certification/recertification via Humana’s MarketPoint University. Humana is offering an option for agents between AHIP and NABIP certification testing. It is important to understand the differences:
AHIP – $125 fee with 3 attempts to achieve a passing score of 90% or higher. Agents can purchase an additional 3 attempts if needed. English and Spanish versions are available. CE credits can be purchased at an additional cost. This is the most universally accepted certification option among Medicare Advantage carriers so your passing score should be transferable to any other Medicare Advantage carriers you are appointed with.
NABIP – $90 fee with 6 attempts to achieve a passing score of 85% or higher. Spanish version is not available, only English. CE credits are included in the initial cost. This certification option is relatively new and only accepted by a handful of other major carriers, so your passing score may not be transferable to all other Medicare Advantage carriers you are appointed with.
How to complete Humana MAPD & PDP Certification and Recertification
Accessing and Transferring AHIP Scores
- All Agent/Broker events available for registration on Ignite beginning with 7/25/22 are listed in the following link. This includes Training, Technology Tools and Local Market Sponsored Events. The most current updates can always be found here: https://ignitewithhumana.com/local-events/. Items are searchable by category in the drop down menu.
- The South Carolina 2023 AEP Academy registration process is now OPEN! Humana has finalized the locations for all of the meetings coming this September (except Greenwood), so please find the meeting that best works with your schedule and SIGN UP TODAY!! If you previously “saved the date” for one of these events, you still need to complete the registration process. Find all events listed on the “Events Calendar”
- Changes have been made to the First Look 2023 website since the initial release. It’s important to review the newly added individual Medicare plan and benefit information. Final 2023 plan details will be coming soon. The most recent updates include:
- PDP Plan Updates
- “New” and “USAA Honor with Rx” badges have been added to the 2023 plan detail pages so you can easily spot Humana’s new plans on First Look.
- Visit the plan details page to find plan information for your state and market.
- You can access the 2023 First Look website here.